The goal of every Christian should be to bear fruit.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:15-20:
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
So as Christians we are known not by what we say, but by what we do. The fruit that we bear tells the world what kind of Christian we are.
As we plant the seed of the Word of God in our lives the new growth will begin to choke out the old bad fruit trees of our life before Christ. As we begin to grow in God our lives will begin to bear good fruit.
The Apostle Paul wrote that if we will walk in the Spirit, meaning if we plant good seed that bring forth the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives, we will not fall back into bad fruit production.
Paul wrote in Galatians 5:16-25:
(16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
(17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
(18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
(20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
(21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
The more good seed we plant in our lives by reading and studying the Word of God the more Fruit of the Spirit we will grow. The more bad seed we plant in our lives by following the ways of the world the more bad fruit we will grow.
Here at ACTS 19 it is our desire to provide you with good seed from the Word of God so that you can begin to produce good fruit. We hope that you find the courses here beneficial for that purpose.
Life is a journey. We aren't here to become perfect overnight. Perfection is not a state of being, perfection is a destination. I hope you will allow us here at ACTS 19 to sow some good seed into your ground. It will take root and spring up into a great harvest. I know this because you are good ground. If you weren't you wouldn't be here.
Please feel free to contact us on your journey to let us know how you are doing or if you have any questions.